Are you someone who loves nothing more than being right at the centre of where it all happens? If the answer is yes then you could be exactly the person we're looking.
First Milk Limited has gone through a radical make over in recent years and have come out of that in a much better shape! Our number one priority is to deliver a competitive milk price to our dairy farmer members; to help us achieve that we are looking for a high calibre manager to join our Farm Enterprise team with the objective of increasing and managing our regional milk supply.
The successful candidate will have already gained kudos for their relationship building skills where clear evidence is available to demonstrate their successes in building up milk volumes. Equally important is your contribution to building a strong sustainable business to build on the confidence of our farmer members and ensure they want to be part of the First Milk family.
What you'll do:
• Increase our milk volumes
• Build and maintain strategic farmer member relationships on foundations of trust and confidence
• Provide relevant advice to our farmer members on milk quality, pricing and supply contracts
• Attend and communicate effectively at farmer/producer meetings
• Provide comprehensive feedback and recommendations to the business on regional dairy farming trends, activities and attitude
• Successfully deliver all recruitment of new producers targets
What you'll need
• Previous successes working with farmers and producers
• Prior experience of growing sales or having worked in a commercial capacity
• Solid knowledge of milk pricing, milk production methodologies and supply contracts
What you'll be
• Self-motivated, energetic and confident
• Determined to succeed and take ownership for delivering consistently
• Intuitive and influential
• Excellent communication skills and able to communicate effectively with farmers and colleagues
• Good negotiation and influencing skills.
• Able to work on own with minimum supervision and take responsibility.
• Degree/HND level qualification (or equivalent) in agriculture or similar is desirable.
• Valid UK driving license.
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package is on offer to reflect the experience of the successful candidate.
Interested? To apply for this exciting opportunity, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 July 2017