As a result of the turnaround initiative, our future has significantly improved and has put the business in a more stable position going into the new financial year.
In order to help continuing driving the business and site forward we are now seeking to appoint two Cheese Room Operators, reporting to the Shift Manager.
As the Cheese Room Operator you will be responsible for producing quality cheese by following correct cheese making practice, which conforms to customer requirements. In addition you will ensure the CIP cleaning of plant, equipment and general housekeeping in the Cheese room complies with G.M.P standards. This role will be fulfilled whist ensuring that all operations and jobs are completed to site and company standards, procedures and policies.
Key responsibilities are:
• To intake and oversee that all raw milk delivered to site is tested before use, according to site / company requirements.
• Maintain traceability by completing required documentation (QRECs)
• Communicate with other departments on production / environmental issues.
• Manufacture cheese according to weekly plan and work instructions.
• Comply with HASAWA 1974. Participate with SSOW & Risk assessments (e.g. assisting, developing, constructing)
• Participate in M.I.P / B.I.T. Through teamwork to promote continuous improvement.
• Recommend cost beneficial ideas to management.
• Able to adapt to changing production plans.
• Fault finding ability and take appropriate action.
• Clean all equipment and areas according to cleaning schedules and hygiene standards (G.M.P.) completing required documentation (QRECs)
The following skills and experiences are desirable:
• A basic/foundation food hygiene certificate
• Have a good understanding of the dairy industry and the processes
• NVQ (or equivalent)
• H & S training / awareness (chemical handling, manual handling etc.)
• Strong Computer interface skills
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Robust attention to detail
Full training will be provided for this role.
This role involves shift work, working a 4 on, 4 off pattern (2 days and 2 nights).
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of this team please submit your CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16 March 2017